Save our environment through active participation of local people
follow us on: change language:
Masarang International is committed to transparency about revenues, costs and supported projects. The official publication of the report can be viewed by everyone. Some topics that are more fully discussed in the report:
Some figures and achievements in 2011
- Over € 36,000 is received from donors and sponsors, and fundraising (see page 9 of the report for details).
- € 15.736 is received through private donations (regular donors and single donations)
- More than 500 people have signed up for the newsletter.
- Our site is visited over 27,000 times (figure on page 7 of the Annual Report).
- We strive for the lowest possible cost and a fast, and effective use of donor money. We are proud that in 2011 more than 95% of the money that was contributed by donors directly is spent on the projects in Indonesia.
Willie in the media
- "The Reunion" with Willie in the leading role has brought a lot of enthusiasm in the Netherlands. 2.6 million people have viewed the TV-broadcast, and the repetition has been seen by some 650,000 people. For the animal shelter center Tasikoki in North Sulawesi, this means until today many new volunteers, who enthusiastically help with the care of the animals, improve the accommodations and experience the friendly and hospitable locals.
- Furthermore articles are published in dutch newspapers 'Trouw,'Het Parool, De Volkskrant, De Telegraaf, in 'P+magazine and the VARA radio broadcast 'Vroege Vogels paid attention in March to Willie. For an overview of media messages, see page 6 in the annual report.
Donations and fundraising
- A trade show at Nemo (Amsterdam) provided not only over € 6,000, but also a lot of publicity and goodwill for Willie. At the show various important politicians and businessmen were present. Thanks to the efforts of Rob Kamphues and Willie, and support of the Rabobank and Nemo it was a successful evening (see also page 5 Annual Report).
- The Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (VWA) has provided valuable research equipment. For this we are very grateful to the Indonesian Ambassador for assistance in arranging transportation to Indonesia (see report on page 8).
- At the end of 2011, the Sirtema Foundation donated € 12.500. With donors who donate large sums special agreements are made on the way the money is spent (see page 4 and 10 of the Annual Report).
- Masarang has used the funds received on 4 themes, from the People, Planet, Profit – point of view: reforestation, saving threatened wildlife and biodiversity, support local culture and commercial activities and scholarships for disadvantaged children and environmental education .
- One of the highlights was the 'tree planting day' on December 26, 2011 in Rurukan, whereby 50 children were awarded with scholarships, and where new sugar palms are planted in an area where for 8 years sugar palms are planted and now a new forest has developed . There is not only a new forest, but due to the returned vegetation there are now some new freshwater sources to the joy of the local people.
Masarang International has contributed some of the funding (see page 10 of the Annual Report).
- In addition money is used for the rescue of endangered animals at the wildlife rescue center Tasikoki and to increase the efficiency and automation of Masarang Indonesia. But also Is and Bento, the orangutans now have a computer! This research project is conducted in collaboration with the 'University of Hong Kong (see page 10 of the Annual Report).
- In 2011 Masarang International has found a new sugar importer in the Netherlands for the import of palm sugar, which is relieving the organization in Indonesia, and is increasing the market for palm sugar. Also Masarang assists its sister organization in '#LINK [http://masarang.hk,Hong Kong], which was founded in 2011 (see page 8 of the Annual Report), Masarang has been working on building a donor- and newsletter members file and has supported in recruiting volunteers for the wildlife rescue center Tasikoki.
The growing number of donors makes it possible to support a number of existing projects and to start new projects, for which we would like to thank you. We hope on your support in the near future!
In 2012 we are working hard on expanding the activities of Masarang to help more forest, animals and children. We keep you informed.
Read the ' Annual Report 2011.
Date: 2012-08-06 23:35:18.0
(your email address won't be given to third parties)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .